Monday 17 August 2015

Sending you Friendship

This little girl was a Clarity Club stamp a few months ago. She's been sitting in my stash feeling a little sad and looking for a place to make her mark.

I was a making a handful of 'cheer you up' cards, and felt she'd go perfectly well with this sentiment, made up of word chain stamps.

Rootling in my stash to come up with a background, I came up with a piece of "blending mat mop up scrap", but which I mean that when I'd finished with my blending mat some time previously I'd spritzed and smooched the remaining ink, and then transferred it to some copy paper. It had a good 'background' feel, and some patches for paper piecing her dress, so off I went.

I blended a bit of grey around the edges, but it felt too harsh, so I softened it with some Adi Mountain Rose, much better. Girl's dress is paper pieced, her skin and hair coloured with Spectrum Noir pencils.

At this juncture I was skimming 'Challenges for Days' and realised the colour combo flukily fits this week's palette at Colour Me! What were the chances ...


Colour Me #84: Cucumber Crush, Tangerine Tango

No comments:

Post a Comment