Monday 21 March 2016

Musical Interlude


I wanted to make a thank you card for a musical acquaintance of mine, who happens to be a lover of Edward Elgar's music. So the music represented on this card is an accurate representation of the opening chorus of his Oratorio The Apostles (The Spirit of the Lord is upon me). Perfect music as we approach Easter, and an I anticipate an unexpected twist on 'E'. I was going to stamp the staves, but it didn't work, so it's hand written instead (takes me back to childhood music theory classes!).

The hand made background, and layering piece, were made using ink on a gelli plate. The sentiment was enhanced using Spectrum Noir pencils

CASology #189 - Doodle (my doodle is the hand written music)
Colour Q #333 - Always Artichoke, Kiwi Kiss, Gumball Green, Old Olive
Just Add Ink  #303 - Just add 'E' (My E is for Elgar)
Shopping our Stash #243 - O Me Lucky Charms  (I've gone for the mostly green option)


5 comments:

  1. I'm always a fan of sheet music on cards and love how personalized this is!! Thanks for joining us at the CASology challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic music card and I love your take on our 'E' challenge! Gorgeous colours and I love the rustic feel. Thanks for playing along this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simplicity of this design! Very effective and graphically very pleasing to the eye! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy moly... you hand wrote the whole music piece???!?! that's AMAZING!!! wow!! absolutely love this! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful card! I love the vintage feel you have given to your card - perfectly matched with the musical notes. Thanks for joining us at JAI this week!

    ReplyDelete