Sunday 11 October 2015

Stockings hanging by the fire

I've had this stamp for ages, it's part of a Molly Blooms stamp set and sprang straight to mind when I saw the Festive Decor challenge at Sweet Stamping Christmas.

The palette at Friday Mashup is beautiful, and whilst not traditionally Christmas, I have seen it used for some stunning star quilts. I wanted to use it for this, even if it meant I would just use the colours rather mashing it up with masking. A simple sentiment to set off this CAS Christmas card.



Christmas at Sweet Stamping - Festive Decor
Simon say Stamp - CAS Christmas
Friday Mashup #229 - Autumn is in the air: Masking and/or Palette




5 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, I love your beautiful CAS card! Those sweet images of the stockings just pop against the white and your colouring makes them come to life. I'm a big fan of non-traditional Christmas colours. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - I love the simplicity of it.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin this month, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adoable CAS Christmas card. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp CAS Christmas challenge :)
    Gayatri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to think outside of the box with these colors! I would have never thought of them for Christmas but they work wonderfully for this image!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun use of the challenge colors for a non-traditional Christmas card! Thank you for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete